Why a shipping container?
- Safe and dry storage of furniture and personal belongings while renovating;
- Safe and dry storage of seasonal equipment (motorbikes, snowmobiles, yard furniture and barbeque equipment)
- Safe and dry inventory storage to keep your store space decluttered
- Document storage on a dry, safe, organized (with shelves) and accessible place
- Dangerous goods storage, keeping them safe, away from other items
- Emergency preparedness equipment storage
- Safe and portable storage for industrial equipment like power generators
- Safe and portable storage for tools and equipment at construction sites and farms.
Why Big Dog Containers?
Looking for a specific shipping container size or you need a modified or custom shipping container? We would love to help you find the best solution for your case.
We also have a variety of shipping container accessories that will complement any shipping container to improve security or storage capabilities.
Some Of Our Clients:
Schools and Municipalities
Marinas and Trailer Parks
Retail and Wholesale Stores
Landscaping and Contractors
Our Shipping Containers
Out best-selling shipping container sizes are:
- 8’ Shipping Containers
- 10’ Shipping Containers
- 20’ (standard, high cube and double door) Shipping Containers
- 40’ (standard, high cube and double door) Shipping Contains
Standard Height vs High Cube
- The most common shipping container heights are 8 feet 6 inches (called Standard Shipping Containers) and 9 feet 6 inches (known as High Cube or Hi-Cube shipping containers.)
Other Frequent Sizes
- Other frequent sizes in our stock are 6’, 7’, 9’, 45’, 48’ and 53’.
Shipping Container Terminology
The following terminology is often used to describe shipping containers:
- Sea Can
- Marine Container
- ISO Container
- Cargo Container
- Marine Cargo Container
Special Use Shipping Containers
We can also find for you:
- Working reefer containers – Refrigerated containers allow you to control the atmosphere inside to best protect perishable goods.
- Non-working reefer containers – Indicated to transport your products protected against extreme temperatures in a clean and food-grade insulated environment. Recommended for products like electronic components, footwear and clothing, furniture, toys, paper, fertilizers, beverages and canned food.
- Double door containers – These cans have two sets of floor-to-ceiling swing doors, one set at each end of the container, allowing you to access your stored items in different ways. You can take the most advantage of this type of container when you need to access your items regularly or to store cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles or any other motorized vehicles, since you can enter or exit from either end.
- Flat rack container – especially suitable to load heavy cargo from the top or sides (e.g. pipes, wood logs and machinery)